Newcastle Confirm Krul Out, Endorsee Rob Elliot to be in Action for the next 5-6 Weeks
Newcastle United have confirmed that goalkeeper Tim Krul is expected to be out for at least 5-6 weeks, meaning One Glove Pro Rob Elliot will be in action across the hectic and fast approaching festive schedule.
Elliot originally stepped up to the plate for last Saturday’s game with West Ham in what became a Premier League debut for The One Glove Company. He is now set to retain his spot for what could be the next 7-8 games including Premier League clashes with Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United and a Capital One Cup quarter final with Spurs.
Newcastle manager Alan Pardew said:
“(It will be) weeks, probably, so I think he’ll (Tim) be back mid-January or the start of January if we’re lucky. We’ve chopped and changed our team for the last seven games and we’ve won six of them, so we don’t fear it. Robbie is more than capable of deputising for Tim and we wish him well.”
Expect to see Rob and the Nova Type 1’s in action for:
- 02/12/14 – Burnley vs Newcastle (19:45)
- 06/12/14 – Newcastle vs Chelsea (12:45, BT Sport 1)
- 13/12/14 – Arsenal vs Newcastle (17:30, Sky Sports 1 Saturday Night Football)
- 17/12/14 – Tottenham vs Newcastle (19:45, Capital One Cup Quarter Final)
- 21/12/14 – Newcastle vs Sunderland (13:30, Sky Sports 1 Super Sunday)
- 26/12/14 – Man Utd vs Newcastle (15:00, BT Sport 1)
- 28/12/14 – Newcastle vs Everton (16:15, Sky Sports 1 Super Sunday)
- 01/01/15 – Newcastle vs Burnley (15:00)
We wish Rob and Newcastle the best of luck and look forward to seeing them in action regularly this festive period.